Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Ushuaia to Bs.As.

April 1st 2011
After a few last pictures from Ushuaia it's time to come back to Buenos Aires. At the unpaved Northern part of Tiera del Fuego, my friend Fernando lost his chain. The chain then went flying on his engine casing which then started pissing oil. Then next town is Rio Gallegos and we have to enter/leave Chile to come back again to Buenos Aires. I had a bottle of black oil I was using to lube the chain, we pourred it into Fernando's bike when level was going low. We managed to cross the last border just before it closed AND find oil from a trucker guy waiting there at the border. We had enough oil to reach the next town.

We've found a hostel then cleaned the bike up the naxt day to see what's wrong. Yes the engine casing had a crack. Fernando patched it with some kind of liquid metal I had. 
My bike covered of oil from follwing Fernando. 
His chain was gone, had loose in every direction I couldn't beleive the thing was still holding. We went looking for parts but Fernando didn't want to buy a new chain since it's cheaper in Buenos Aires. I was just hoping the thing will still hold until then.

We made it to Puerto Madryn. 
Near Puerto Madryn there's Peninsula Valdes. In Peninsula Valdes there are some "mulitas". They can't see anything but they sure can smell food, and if you have some they won't leave you alone. 
And also there are sea lions and elephant seals lying down the beach just waiting for some killer Orcas (a whale) to come over kill them! No kidding, and there's a whole bunch of people going there hoping to see that. Well they didn't come that day.  

Also some cute little pinguinos. 



And that was it about Peninsula Valdes.

Then food and beers.
Did I mentionned in Argentina everybody is drinking Mate. It's like a wooden carved mug when you put some king of tea and drink it with hot water. In every gas station you can find hot water and everyone is carrying a thermos so they can fill up hot water easily.  
We stopped in Azul on the way at kinda biker friendly litle hostel.  
And Jorge a great guy making it possible, I could see writtings from travelers I personaly met,  so many have stopped there.



Then Buenos Aires. April 6th. 

And I met this nice women the 1st time I came here, apparently she was waiting for me there so I paid for a month at the same hostel I was in Recoleta, to see what will happen.  


No comments:

Post a Comment